What's God's purpose of creating man?
As Job said, 'What is man that you make so much of him, that you give him so much attention, that you examine him every morning and test him every moment.' (Job 7:17-18)
(Job 27:2-4) Job replies, 'As surely as God lives who has denied me justice, the Almighty, who has made me taste bitterness of soul, as long as I have life within me, the breath of God in my nostrils, my lips will not speak wickedness, my tongue will utter no deceit. I will maintain my righteousness and never let go of it, my conscience will not reproach me as long as I live.'
'The fear of the Lord – that is wisdom and to shun evil is understanding.' (Job 28:28)
To make others aware that there is a God in the heavens that is watching over us. As we sit back and watch life in motion we can imagine what man's purpose and achievements would be. The world is a show – window showing us the life of others and our own.
It is about the inductive system of Philosophy of Lord Bacon. That the World is an Abyss. A hole that we are all places in.
We suffer in this world but there is beauty in it, too. We have to go into another world when we are all finished with this world.
- The first part of the book are all pictures with different sub-titles to connect the poetic idea to the story.
- The second part of the book are poems also related to the story written by the writer.
- The story itself. (The story of the writer's experiences in life. The countries that have affected her life. The different races and religions she encountered. The experiences she had with others deep down here in this Abyss.)
- Ultimately she believes as Lord Bacon has proven that she can get out of the Abyss up into Eternity.
- Chapter I - Philippines, the country where I came from and there I met my husband at Silliman University in 1959 a few years after Philippines became independent from America.
- Chapter II - Philippines, America and the Second World War – December 7, 1941. The War Against Japan.
- Chapter III - Up the Abyss after the Second World War. Buddhism versus Christianity.
- Chapter IV - The Incompatible Characters of individuals who once and still do love each other. Lead us away from temptations Down in the Abyss where one can see Beauty.
- Chapter V - Hong Kong and its changes. Peoples’ way of Life and Election Time. Hopes and fears that people may think about.
- Chapter VI - Up on the Abyss there is Beauty. Eternity and God. Which country is the Sovereign’s Choice? The Sovereign’s Choice is America.
- The Part of the Book are poems also related to the story written by the writer.
- 1. The Cobbler
- 2. The Swallows
- 3. The Sky
- 4. The Rainbow
- 5. A Glimmer of Light
- 6. The One who cares for me
- 7. Sleepless Nights
- 8. The Rosebud
- 9. Farewell
- 10. Prejudice
- 11. Memories are Forever